I have kind of incorporated ideas about a finish list (so go read Phil's series of posts) in creating a set of challenges for myself to accomplish in the next 8 months and 11 days. However, there are a few that I have allowed myself the luxury of taking until Karen's next birthday.
I want to finish this list for a couple reasons. . .but mainly because I want to be incredibly purposeful in how I fill the time that has been eaten up by the Master's monster for the last 2.5 years. By creating and working towards finishing this list, I'm hoping that fewer evenings will be spent as a blob on the couch while episodes of "Friends" play on a loop as background noise.
So without further ado, the list (in no particular order)
Beth Shimer's 30 before 30 (with a few extra thrown in)
- Write 30 blog posts (yes, you'll be hearing more from me)
- make 15 new recipes
- have 30 people over for dinner (not all at once, but it will help with the 15 new recipes)
- lose (at least) 15 pounds
- complete 3 photo-a-day challenges
- memorize 30 passages *parameters to be determined
- write 30 letters to people I don't normally keep in touch with AND MAIL THEM
- read 30 new books including some non-fiction
- hang 15 new decorative items on my walls (pictures, canvases, origami projects, shelves)
- make 15 crochet projects and give them as gifts
- complete 30 weeks of my read through the Bible adventure
- get 3 stamps in my passport
- complete 15 pinterest ideas
- initiate and hang out with 15 people one-on-one
- write 3 completely brand-new units at school
- live sugar-free for 3 weeks
- have 3 "China" experiences *this one may take a bit longer, and I don't exactly know how I'll define "China"experiences, but I definitely want to learn more about the country in which I live.
- be able to write 300 Chinese characters
- see 10 movies in the theater
- finish my origami crane curtain
- eat at 3 new restaurants that I've always been curious about
- make 3 photo projects
- have a professional article published/present at a conference *this one may take a bit longer, but I figure as long as it gets done, right?!?
- make 3 art projects
- try a new hairstyle
- host at least one movie marathon
- host 3 parties
- learn a new skill
- make a music video (hopefully a parody music video)
- pay off 15 % of my student loans
- be able to run for 30 minutes
- know 30 yoga poses, and be able to do them seamlessly
- replace a bad habit with a good habit
- this one is a secret until Karen's birthday ;)
The unofficial list (either because I already have plans to do it or I'm not quite brave enough to do it on my own)
- disappear for a weekend and just relax
- go on a cruise (Mediterranean 2013 baby!)
- get a tattoo
- go on a date
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! YAY for the list :) I'm excited for this coming year and all the adventures it holds, friend!! (and super curious about the #34 ;))
ReplyDelete