Sunday, April 28, 2013

Soundtrack of my life (Wonderstruck:Hope)

I like music, but I'm not normally a person who is constantly listening to music.
However, over the last two months, God has really been working in my life and He has been using song lyrics to really keep those lessons in my mind. 
I've created a playlist on Spotify, and as the words float through my brain, I decided to put them all in on place.
So feel free to read through what I've been learning and relearning.
Disclaimer: none of these are my words. I've tried to note the songwriter or the group that is known for performing it. Also, they're not really organized. . 


For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing 10,000 reasons for my heart to find 
(Matt Redman)

I will not fear, His promise is true  My God will come through always always 
(Kristian Stanfill)

At the foot of the cross  Where I am made complete  You have given me life  Through the death you bore for me  And you've won my heart  And you've won my heart, now I can  Trade these ashes in for beauty  And wear forgiveness like a crown  Coming to kiss the feet of mercy  I lay every burden down at the foot of the cross 
(Don Moen)

Faithful  Forever You are faithful  Shelter for the fragile soul  Lift us up and hold us all together  You are faithful, God  You are there, in every season of my soul  You are there, You're the anchor that will hold  You are there, in the valley of shadows  You are faithful, God
(Chris Tomlin)

You are more You are more  Than my words will ever say  You are Lord You are Lord  All creation will proclaim  You are here You are here  In Your presence I'm made whole  You are God You are God  Of all else I'm letting go 
(Kristian Stanfill)

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming  One day the skies with His glories will shine  Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing  My Savior, Jesus, is mine
(L. Wilbur Chapman)

I've abandoned every selfish thought  I've surrendered every thing I've got  You can have everything I am  And perfect everything I'm not
I'm willing,  I'm not afraid  You give me strength
(Audio Adrenaline)


I need You Lord  More than the air I breathe  More than the song I sing  More than the next heartbeat  More than anything 
(Lindell Cooley)

Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with his love  And haunts me with each hearing of His softly spoken words  My conscience, a reminder of forgiveness that I need  Who is this King of Glory who offers it to me 
(Third Day)

And all that I hide, could you bring me to life?Could you open my eyes and show me?Take all that was me and shape it to beReflecting you soully
(Toby Mac)

You loosed the chords of sinfulness  And broke the chains of my disgrace  You chose the cross  Up from the grave victorious  You rose again so glorious  You chose the cross  The sorrow that surrounded you was mine  "Yet not my will but yours be done" You cried
(Martyn Layzell)

I know that you don't understandthe fullness of My loveHow I died upon the cross for your sinsAnd I know that you don't realizehow much that I gave youBut I promise, I would do it all again.
(Third Day)

Here I am humbled by the love that You give, Forgiven so that I can forgive. So here I stand, Knowing that I am Your desire, Sanctified by glory and fire. And now I've found the greatest love of all is mine, Since You laid down Your life, The greatest sacrifice. Majesty, Majesty. Your grace has found me just as I am, Empty handed but alive in your hands. Singing Majesty, Majesty. Forever I am changed by Your love, In the presence of Your Majesty.
(Delirious?) 
At the cross You beckon me  You draw me gently to my knees, and I am  Lost for words, so lost in love,  I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered 
(Hillsong)

Take me past the outer courts  Into the Holy Place  Past the brazen altar  Lord I want to see your face  Pass me by the crowds of people  And the Priests who sing your praise  I hunger and thirst for your righteousness  But it's only found in one place 
(Kutless)

His oath, His covenant, His blood Support me in the whelming flood When all around my soul gives way He then is all my Hope and StayWhen He shall come with trumpet sound Oh may I then in Him be found Dressed in His righteousness alone Faultless to stand before the throne
(William Bradbury)

The good things  And the bad things are in Your hands  My hopes and my dreams  Are in Your command  And I come before You now  As imperfect as I am  And I give  Yes I give it all to You
(Audio Adrenaline)

No comments:

Post a Comment