Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wonderstruck: Sky

It's summer and, to me, that means TIME. 
  • Time to breath
  • Time to rest
  • Time to do some of the things that I've been wishing I could do all year.

Right now, that means time to get back to blogging. See, I love writing. I just don't make myself do it enough. So, I have determined that I am going finish what I started months and months ago. Margaret Feinberg's 21 Days of Wonder Challenge. I have really come to appreciate Margaret's point of view and way with words and I'm excited to set aside time each day to notice the wonder of God around me.


Today's challenge: Consider the sky and consider God's faithfulness.

I have had the opportunity to see the sky in a lot of places: all over in America, Germany, France, Mexico, Zambia, South Africa, China, Korea, Thailand, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Canada. 

I have lain on my back and tried to memorize the bluest of blues, the grayest of grays, pillowy clouds, rainbows and falling snow.

I have listened to the rumble of thunder and the crack of lightning and the oncoming drizzle of rain.

One of my favorite things is to see the silhouette of something as the sun sets behind it. It's like the beauty of any building or mountain can't hold up against the masterpiece being painted behind it.
Qingdao, 2009
St. Peter's Basilica, Rome, 2013
Rome, 2013 

 And the sky may look different in different places. But it's also the same. I can count the sky to bring me joy, fill me with awe and provide unimaginable beauty. I wonder if, next to the storehouses of snow and lightning that Job write about, are also cloud sculpting rooms and sunset color mixing rooms. Does God cut snowflakes as a creative outlet like I do each winter?
Interesting thought. . .

Well, now that I've written about it, all that I want to do is go outside and take pictures of the sky. It seems to be a clear day here in Beijing. Maybe I'll go and do just that!

1 comment: