Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wonderstruck: ME!

What?!? Two posts in the same day?!? I know. It's really exciting.
After seeing the challenge for today, I realized that I really wanted to post a few things. 
Today's challenge was to take the time to do something that recharges and excites me. In other words, to take the time to experience the fullness of life and enjoy the present
Thankfully, I am uniquely positioned to do just that and feel totally guilt-free about it. So yesterday, I went to my favorite place in all of Beijing for the sole purpose of walking around just to take pictures. To get away from the constant sound of traffic and the heat of the city. To breathe deeply and enjoy the luxury of an empty schedule.
As I sit here remembering how much I enjoyed my time at the Temple of Heaven yesterday, I also recall my realization of just how much I LOVED being on vacation earlier this summer. So, let me take this moment to encourage you. . .take time to do things that you enjoy. I'll leave the details of what, when and how often up to you. If you know me, you know that I like to be busy with the best of them. But seriously, I know now from experience: it's worth it. . .it's necessary. . .and the world won't explode.
So, what would you do if, right now, you chose to do something just for the fun of it?
While you ponder your answer, here's some pictures!
the path

outline

the sci-fi in the fantasy
the next stop


just a little off


from the other side
the door to the past

oh the green. . .


















*Update--I was just going through the list of Wonderstruck challenges and realized that I had missed a couple days. Please forgive me for double-dipping. The picture above captioned "The sci-fi in the fantasy" really did leave me wonderstruck. This flowering tree that I found was just fascinating and I couldn't take enough pictures of it. Thankful to have time to consider the works of His hands. #livewonderstruck @ creation

No comments:

Post a Comment