Today, I am considering the challenge to #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK
by forgiveness. The original challenge can be found here.
It’s true that I am one of the “those” people who often find
it harder to forgive myself than to forgive other people.
That being said, when I have a hard time forgiving other
people, I have a hard time forgiving
other people.
The putting aside of what I think I deserve.
The deciding that forgiveness is better than holding onto
bitterness
The understanding that saying “I forgive you” is different
than saying “It’s ok.”
And yet
How much have I been forgiven?
.
..
…
Part of the reason I took so long to write this post was
because I couldn’t decide on an image that could capture forgiveness that wasn’t
cliché.
Then, two days ago, it snowed here. Not just flurries. Big,
fat flakes that piled up and distracted everyone.
And I realized that how I felt watching the snow is how I
feel when I forgive.
A lightness of soul that comes because the world seems new.
A hopefulness for a better tomorrow because the world is
more beautiful today
So, Abba, thank you for your forgiveness. You have made me
whiter than snow. Please remind me of Your forgiveness when I want to hold on
to my anger. Remind me of the sweetness of our restored relationship when I want
to walk away because of a hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment