So I'm about to become an aunt again. I found that good enough reason to buy a day pass of wifi while I'm waiting at the airport for the next four hours. And daggone it, I'm going to get my money's worth.
I just finished looking through my friend's 300 pictures from a recent trip to Italy. It made me excited for my trip there this summer and it made me want to go back to Bucharest and take more pictures. It's a cool city and I hope I can return some day.
For anyone who missed this part of the story, I flew from China to Romania for the weekend to go to a wedding. It was a great time, but truly a whirlwind trip. Definitely didn't have time for a picture walk around the city.
While I'm waiting, I figure I would share a few random thoughts I wish I could have vocalized to someone else during the trip
I just finished looking through my friend's 300 pictures from a recent trip to Italy. It made me excited for my trip there this summer and it made me want to go back to Bucharest and take more pictures. It's a cool city and I hope I can return some day.
For anyone who missed this part of the story, I flew from China to Romania for the weekend to go to a wedding. It was a great time, but truly a whirlwind trip. Definitely didn't have time for a picture walk around the city.
While I'm waiting, I figure I would share a few random thoughts I wish I could have vocalized to someone else during the trip
- French keyboards don't require the use of the shift key for an exclamation point. All keyboards should do this.
- Charles de Gaulle airport was silent in the morning. I don't know if I've ever been in a silent airport before.
- Europeans know how to do vending machines.
- Communist and former communist countries have a lot in common.
- Flying over the Alps literally took my breath away.
- Flying into Amsterdam felt like flying into Columbus.
- KLM fed me three times on a three hour flight. That's once an hour. I love flying not in America.
I have a ton of stories and maybe they will slowly make their way here. I'll end with saying I'm glad I made this crazy trip, but I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment