Friday, February 28, 2014

In February

(background: every day this year, I've been writing down 5 things that I am thankful for. I decided the end of the month would be a good time to review them all. and then I decided to share them)


  1. For the chance to experience Iloilo from the bed of a pick-up truck
  2. For a very slow day and people to relax with
  3. That I got to see the school in  San Dionisio, meet Christine’s mom and put faces to Hurricane Yolanda
  4. For bioluminescent plankton and being able to feel like a kid again
  5. For a hammock to take a nap in
  6. For chances to genuinely laugh with people on this trip
  7. For the amount of reading time I had on this trip
  8. For getting to experience HongKong with KLP
  9. For a day of no people
  10. To have the “changing seats” ritual to ease back into school
  11. That I was invited to the open script reading and that I had time to participate
  12. That I found resources I’m confident about for 7 Social Studies
  13. For dinner with KLP and the chance to spill my words about today
  14. For playtime with HKL and STL
  15. I fixed the sink
  16. For JH sermon including so many reminders of what I’ve learned in the last year
  17. For leftovers from the part for lunch and dessert
  18. For a dinner invitation and being able to talk and laugh with KEA & AK
  19. That the MUNLT showed up after school today and helped a LOT
  20. That SNM asked me question tonight to help me process
  21. For a little bit of clarity and the song “I’m Yours” by Jimmy Needham (I am continually Yours)
  22. That SH has been able to put into words the things I’ve been feeling. . and to not feel alone
  23. For the songs WM chose for worship the last two weeks
  24. That I made the choice to exercise when I got home
  25. That my advisory group pulled off the minion costumes today
  26. For gentle reminders to keep my focus on YOU
  27. For the number of people who helped lighten the workload
  28. for a really well made Subway sandwich
What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment