Working through some thoughts right now. . .wanted to share them with the world at large, and see what comes of it.
Towards the end of the school year, I really struggled with this overwhelming feeling of insignificance.
Towards the end of the school year, I really struggled with this overwhelming feeling of insignificance.
That what I did went unnoticed, but that was ok because it didn't really matter anyway.
And in the busy-ness and the rush and the craziness, I had no time to really think about where (or who) these thoughts were coming from
All I knew was that it was almost enough to make me give up.
Forget trying to be a better teacher--what difference would it make
Forget trying to be a better friend--who needed me anyway
Forget trying
so maybe I'm over-dramatizing just a little bit. . .but not by much
. . .
. .
. .
.
In the past couple days, I have had time and opportunity to sit, pray, think and talk about some of these things. I still have a few questions, but what I've come to is this
- It's not about what I do. It's about who I am.
- My frustration at the lack of passion in my life is actually frustration at a passion quenched. Survival mode for too long has led me to believe that my entire life is just about getting by.
- It's not about what I do. It's about staying connected to the source of everything and letting Him do the work.
- It's not about what I do. It's about abiding.
- It's not about what I do.
For a "do-er," this might take me a little bit of time to really soak in and start living out. Because it's not about what I do, but I still have things that must get done--like my job, grocery-shopping, etc.
"Come to Me, those who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, or I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
There is still a yoke to be taken on. . .but in taking it, I am promised rest. I have a feeling it's going to take me a long time to unravel this one. But rest sounds really good right about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment