Today was a foggy, gloomy day in Qingdao.
I know the ocean was there.
And when I think of beauty, my mind goes straight to the many faces of the Yellow Sea I have seen in my 4.5 years living here.
Playful ripples
Powerful walls of water that mercilessly pound the shore
Sunrise over the Old Stone Man
a haze of fog hanging over gray water
No matter the day, I still love to see it.
(Don't tell my mom, but it's one reason I don't think I'll ever be able to live away from water again. . .)
But the reason I chose this specific photo is because it's from my first week here.
I stood on the beach and let the waves wash over my feet. With each wave, my feet sunk deeper and deeper into the sand.And I called to mind the words of the old hymnOn Christ the Solid Rock, I standAll other ground is sinking sand.
How I needed those beautiful words in that first week.
How I need to remember them now.
No comments:
Post a Comment