In case you want to join in the fun. Today's challenge is all about time as I continue to ponder how to #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK
On December 21, 2012, I had a lot of time open up in my life. In the previous months, I had finished:- my master's degree
- coaching middle school girls soccer
- being the backstage manager for the high school drama
- a grueling semester of teaching and grading due to #s 1-3
I crocheted. I watched TV. I DIDN'T bring work home. I began to enjoy Chinese lessons again. I made yoga a regular habit.
However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I also need to say that I haven't used this new gift of time as well as I could have. Now that the giddiness has worn off and my tank has been refueled, I greatly desire to become more intentional with how I use my time.
I want to clean my apartment. I want to invite friends over. I want to invite students over. I want to read more. I want to journal more.
As I have processed where I am now in my life, I have struggled with how much routine to build into my life. Once all of my previous time commitments were finished, I reveled in having no structure or routine at all. Then I began to feel lazy.
I'm slowly starting to add routine back into my life.
Time set aside each day for devotional time. Time set aside to tidy up the apartment
That's as far as I've gotten. We'll see how it goes from here.
Abba, please give me Your wisdom to know how to best use the time You have given me. Take away my selfishness and replace it with a desire to be used as You see fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment